2 Jan 2015

Chaos Warhound Project - Legs

Happy New Year all - hope you had a good one!

Today I am showing off the work I have done on the Warhound legs (click here for the build stages) which are now finished.

The legs were by far the biggest job to paint to-date, as all the other pieces have been done in parts - but I wanted to make sure the legs were stable and load bearing before painting - which meant painting them fully built. This brought up two issues; 1) getting access to a few nooks and crannies (although this wasn't as bad as I feared) and 2) the weight - the legs are pretty hefty, but they are attached to terrain'd chopping board base (2kg doesn't seem like much until you are holding it in one hand for 8+ hours).

The paint job went the same way I would paint any Iron Warrior vehicles; undercoat and then my metallic recipe (basecoat, black wash, overbrush, drybrush x2, bronzes/golds, highlights and final wash). To make things more manageable, I took the legs to the drybrushing stage and then broke them down into stages (feet, shins, thighs etc) to make it more manageable.
Once all the metallics were done, I then focused on the armour plating and matched them to the Armour Panels I completed previously.


The last step was pretty exciting - actually attaching the Panels to the legs, meaning that everything below the waist is now finished.

I actually painted up the base before adding the panels, so that I could access everything and weather the feet to match the base - but I will cover that off in another post.


2 comments:

Siph_Horridus said...

Looks awesome fella. Coming along nicely!

Greg Hess said...

Really nice work! I love those armor plates and the way the metallics are done. It's impressive to me when people work on titans, because it's so much surface area to paint!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin